Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SSVP)
The current pandemic environment has generated a host of socio-economic uncertainties for many families in our surroundings. As a community of faithful Catholics, there is an imperative to not only meet spiritual needs, but also to provide material assistance to those both within and external to the St. Michael Parish community, whereby we can be witnesses to others of God’s providence.
Why Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SSVP)?
Mission: To live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy.
What are the SSVP values?
- To see Christ in anyone who suffers
- To come together as a family
- To have personal contact with the poor
- To help in all possible ways
What are the SSVP board mandate
- Conduct home visits
- Provide food aid
- Provide material assistance (clothes, accessories, furniture)
- Provide educational support (school supplies)
- Provide help to refugees and immigrants
- Collaborate with other charitable organizations, enabling unity of effort
- Currently conducting planning to establish a SSVP council at St. Michael’s Parish
- Seek initial / start-up financial resources through parish donations
- Focused on addressing material needs of the parish and immediate surroundings
Expand our capabilities incrementally to offer more services
St. Michael’s Parish SSVP council is well-established and resourced with the funding and expertise to provide a greater range of services to those in need
For inquiries and information,
please contact us at:
Office phone: 613-256-3441